Serving the fitness industry with quality equipment for the past 32 years has given our team at Power Systems the great pleasure of being involved in large openings and renovation projects of all sizes. We understand that purchasing new fitness equipment - regardless of the size and scope of the project - is not only a significant investment, but also contributes to the success of your fitness programs and, ultimately, your business. . Count on Power Systems as your trusted partner to help take your facility design project from concept design to reality.
THE BASIS OF BUDGETING
When budgeting for a fitness facility design or renovation project, it's easy to forget that there are more expenses to consider than equipment alone. Power Systems can help you with each of these budget items, some of which are often overlooked:
- Equipment: The IHRSA * recommends that large health clubs devote 4 to 5% of their annual income, starting in year 2, to modernizing equipment. These may include Cardio and Weight machines, Free weights and Barbells, Studio equipment, and Functional training equipment.
- Equipment storage: Did you know that one of the top 3 reasons members leave an establishment is overcrowding and filthy establishments * (IHRSA). The initial storage plans for all fitness accessories will allow you to eliminate corners and walls without clutter and maximize every square foot of your facility with organized, attractive and wide open workout spaces.
- Ground: Take the time to think about how you want your establishment to appear at the beginning. You can create separate training zones without breaking the budget with different flooring options. Consider using rubber flooring for common areas such as the cardio deck and main weight floor, turf for functional, small-group, or athletic training, and hardwood or laminate for the studio.
- Delivery: When you order wholesale equipment, your order is often treated as a freight shipment and additional shipping charges apply. When you build a quote with a member of the Power Systems sales team, we are happy to provide a freight shipment calculation or estimate.
- Installation: Large pieces of fitness equipment, complete storage units, and flooring will require assembly or installation. If you do not have a full maintenance team, Power Systems maintains relationships with regional companies who can help you with the assembly and installation of the equipment.
Spread your costs over time and spreading out equipment expenses to offset the high costs of a grand opening or renovation. With project phasing, discuss the complete vision of your project with our equipment experts and we can help you divide the entire project into phases based on programming goals. Install one room or section at a time, paying for each phase as you go.
Project phasing also allows you to adjust your budget for cash flow based on the success of your new facility or program. Count on Power Systems to break the entire project down into as few as two or more phases if needed to give you the peace of mind that comes with time-phased budget planning.
Power Systems can help you through every step of budgeting, space planning, project phase, and financing. Build a Financial plan with one of our preferred fundraising partners to discuss options that fit your budget and keep the flow going. Once your design is complete and the agreement finalized, the ordering process will begin!
Just getting started? Don't worry, we're here to help! We look forward to hearing about your vision for impacting health and fitness in your community. Click on our website to start your Facility design plan or Time-phased budget and planning project.
*IHRSA - Health Club Business Manual
Stand on any gymnasium floor and look up – way up. At first glance, it doesn’t take much to imagine the level of sophistication in some of the equipment located overhead, not to mention the process of safely installing it. But with today’s technology and automation being built into so many of these products that are used on a daily basis, the question that often comes up is how to manage it all.
Many choose to have manual systems and equipment in place for reasons such as simplicity or with budget in mind. While there is nothing wrong with this type of operation and equipment, in terms of operational optimization, many are trending in the opposite voix.
With everything from BASKETBALL BACKSTOPS that fold up into the ceiling or off to the side, to gym divider curtains, scoreboards and even volleyball systems, the modern gymnasium is becoming a connected one. With most of these products coming with independent electric controls, innovative solutions to manage them are now on the forefront.
Located along the Rideau Canal, one of our most recent projects brought us into Canada’s national capital to work on another gym partition that needed replacing.
Originally founded as an all-girls school in 1928, IMMACULATA HIGH SCHOOL opened with an initial enrollment of just 85 at the site of the constituer Christie mansion. The following year, enrollment nearly doubled, and a new building was quickly constructed, and the school’s first commencement followed.
It wasn’t until 1978 that male students were enrolled at the school as enrollment swelled to nearly 1, 000 students towards the end of the 1980s. After 65 years of education, the school officially moved to its current location along the canal and currently serves as home to the school’s sports team, the Immaculata Saints.
In search of a new set of rugby goals for one of their biggest athletic parks, the City of Toronto once again came knocking at our door. Having done a few projects together in the past, they are a group that we truly always enjoy working closely with. When the time comes to outfit an outdoor visite, we are always flattered to make the bermuda list of potential partners. In early 2020, the city was in search of a new set of rugby goals for EGLINGTON FLATS, located in the York region. Constructed on the Humber River Floodplain in 1954, today the park is heavily focused on sports, with six soccer fields, four field hockey pitches, a field, winterized tennis petits and oui, the rugby field.
While we all certainly enjoy watching something come to fruition, there is something extra special about being involved in the revitalization of something as well. Over the years, we’ve been blessed to be involved in a number of these types of projects ranging from local community centres and schools all the way to nationally recognized institutions such as Queen’s University.
We’ve been granted access to stripped out gymnasiums and open athletic fields to style and eventually install state-of-the-art athletic equipment and infrastructure. From simple bleachers, to basketball systems to complete grandstands designed to accommodate tens of thousands of fans, these projects have and always will hold a special place in our hearts.