Are you ready to visit Los Angeles and Hollywood Sign can't miss your list? Of course, this is not possible!
In search of a perfect shooting location with a view to The Hollywood Sign can be really tricky. The reason is that the whole place is surrounded by residential areas and amazing local neighborhoods. As you can imagine, the locals are not very satisfied with the constant “searches” of tourists for the best photography spot. Online mapping is also not very useful.
This is also the reason why some roads are blocked, having only traffic signs that lead you in different directions. The same is true with online maps which can get you out of your way or just lead you to a not-so-good location for shooting. And we don't want that, right?
Don't worry, I'm here for you.
You can take a look at my STRONG POINTS to see the full itinerary and descriptions of each location!
However, I will give you the EXACT route you need to take to take the PERFECT PHOTO!
HOW TO REACH THE PERFECT SPACE:
- Park your car Hollywood Lake Park (3160 Canyon Lake Drive)
- Walk to the top Mulholland Drive street
- Turn to Durand Drive street then to Ledgewood Drive
- Enter Rockcliff drive street then turn to Deronda Drive
- In the Mullholland and Deronda crossroads look for the green door
- Go through the door and go straight The Hollywood Sign. It's on your left!
Follow the above route step by step
Make regular stops in beautiful neighborhoods; you will love them!
The green door will lead you to the Hollywood sign
The view from the right side of the route
You can also take some great photos at the first location, a few yards after where you are going to park your car, in Lake Hollywood Park. In this case, you won't need to follow the entire route I gave you, but the view over there is both more distant and different (see image below) .
BUT BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- You cannot enter through the door during sunset hours; the gate is closed from sunset to sunrise.
- Do not leave your car at the "NO PARKING" locations and do not risk reaching the door with your car, people who are not residents in the area are not allowed, unless you arrive there by taxi.
- The best and safest parking space is the Hollywood Lake Park.
- Comfortable shoes are necessary if you want to walk to the last place.
- Be there early in the morning and make sure you have water with you. The route is not that simple.
- Respect the privacy and property of the inhabitants. Despite how much you love the amazing house on this walk, be respectful and limit your photos to zero when it comes to other properties!
Translation: Adriana Argyropoulou
The content of this blog is authorized under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
You may not repost, copy or modify the content without my consent.
The best time to visit Italy are the months of May, June, and September. Compared to the peak summer months of July and August, these months offer more comfortable temperatures and there are fewer crowds ( except around Easter ). The country experiences four classic seasons per year, although there is a marked difference between the wetter, cooler North and the drier, warmer South. The rainiest months pretty much everywhere are usually October and November.
Fall ( September – November ) : temperatures cool down gradually, although September is usually still very pleasant. Expect crisp fall leaves and some sunnier days, but plan for wet weather too. Fall carries many of the same benefits as spring, but with slightly less predictable weather.
Winter : temperatures in the South remain mild in winter, while Northern Italy is normally wet and cold. Winter in the Italian Alps is fantastic though for skiing and snowboarding, but the ski resorts do get crowded so book early.
Travelers wishing to visit Italy can use a bus, train, plane, or boat to get there. Most tourists arrive by plane though, often landing in Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport, the country’s busiest airport. This is the preferred point of entry in Italy when you want to visit Rome, or saut the entire country. Click here for a continuously updated list of airlines that offer direct flights to Rome.
Although Rome is the main getaway for most visitors to Italy, it’s often easier and cheaper to fly directly to/from one of the country’s other airports. It can also save you a lot of time to book a multi-city ticket, hereby arriving in one airport and leaving from another ( for example fly in Milan in the north and fly out via Naples in the south ). The following airports are of interest for most tourist itineraries :
Milan Malpenza Airport ( north ) is the largest international airport in the Milan metropolitan area in northern Italy ( and also the main getaway to the Italian Lakes ). Click here for a continuously updated list of airlines that offer direct flights to Milan.
Venice Marco Polo airport ( north ) is the international airport of Venice. It offers flights to many European metropolitan areas as well as some partly seasonal long-haul routes to the United States, Canada, South Korea and the Middle East. Click here for a continuously updated list of airlines that offer direct flights to Venice.